Director of Engineering
This job is no longer accepting applications.
At Bluebeam, we empower people to promote the way the world is built. We create smart software solutions that make construction sites more efficient, connected and safe and improve the lives of design and construction professionals everywhere.
The Director of Applications Engineering is a high visibility / high impact role that will be responsible for all aspects of customer-facing product development. This role will oversee web, mobile and desktop development teams working closely with product management and playing a significant role in shaping the future of our products.
Duties / Responsibilities
- Actively manage all aspects and customer-facing product development
- Responsible for engineering execution, budget, quality and scalability (including high-availability, performance, scalability and security)
- Recruit, train, lead, motivate and manage a disciplined high-performing engineering team across multiple functional areas
- Foster a customer-focused, execution-driven mindset up, down, and across teams.
- Drive engineering and operational excellence through well-defined metrics and best practices continually improving coding processes, build & deployment systems, security and hosting operations
Required experience / qualifications
- 8+ years of progressive management experience leading geographically distributed engineering organizations
- Proven experience in leading teams through business transformation, pivots and product modernization phases
- Proven track record of successfully delivering cloud-based products, through multiple platforms on an enterprise scale
- Leadership presence and maturity, ability to deal effectively with a wide range of personalities and styles
- Outstanding technical expertise (System architecture and engineering backgrounds strongly preferred)
Skills and Technical expertise
- Expert knowledge of enterprise SaaS applications using established design patterns (MVVM, MVC, Micro-Services) and frameworks such as CI/CD, TDD, BDD, Scrum and Agile Development
- Deep expertise in setting up CI/CD pipelines
- Deep expertise in the development and deployment of native Android and iOS applications (using Swift, Objective C and Java)
- Substantial experience in API design to support data and document-based integrations
- Substantial experience in implementing microservices architectures, serverless architectures, containerization, distributed systems, storage, and analytics
- Robust understanding of software security principles, and experience deploying best practices in software security and compliance
- Indomitable work ethic and insatiable desire to always improve
- People naturally rally around you to solve difficult problems and abolish the status-quo
- Relentlessly using data to improve efficiency and increase scale
What We Offer:
- People-focused, entrepreneurial start-up culture with the backing of a stable, global, corporate entity – Nemetschek
- Competitive compensation and benefits package (medical, dental, education reimbursement, 401k, wellness resources)
- Work-life balance fostered through a culture of diversity, inclusion, and appreciation of individual lifestyle needs
- You will have the opportunity for continuous professional development
The construction industry is adopting new technology at a feverish pace. Tablets and cell phones are replacing paper blueprints, drones are surveying jobsites in 3D, and cloud collaboration is changing the way teams work together. Bluebeam plays a crucial role in this transformation. The key to our success is a customer-focused approach to product development: we work with the industry to create solutions for the industry. Today, over 2 million people throughout the world use Bluebeam. In the US, we’re a critical partner for the majority of top AEC firms, and rapidly expanding our presence globally, with offices in Sweden, Germany and the UK.
Come design and build your future with us.
Bluebeam is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status.
Your application has been successfully submitted.