Lead DevOps Engineer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
At Bluebeam, we empower people to promote the way the world is built. We create smart software solutions that make construction sites more efficient, connected and safe and improve the lives of design and construction professionals everywhere.
About the role:
Bluebeam is looking for a Lead DevOps Engineer to join our team. You’ll help us better our software engineering practice. You will help develop solutions, and allow our engineering team to build our next generation of cloud native applications.
What you'll do:
- Develop automation frameworks (Infrastructure as code, CI/CD pipelines) and tooling that will be consumed by the entire engineering organization.
- Support and mentor engineer teams to own their own configurations, parameters, and application secrets
- Identify roadblocks and inefficiencies in the current workflow, and work with teams to plan and remediate improvements.
- Manage incidents and incident responses to ensure proper follow-up and mitigation.
- Consult with architecture in analyzing and identifying the right pieces in building our unified cloud platform. Be involved in decision-making, such as time estimation, build vs. buy.
- Drive project progress and communicate project status to partners
- Support legacy technologies and be a part of the solution in migrating them to cloud native solutions.
What we'd like to see in you:
- 5+ years of experience with building, deploying, administration and monitoring of SaaS applications and related infrastructure on both Windows (.NET) and Linux platforms.
- Experience with AWS, with emphasis on components such as autoscaling, lambda functions, Kinesis, SQS, IAM, and secrets manager.
- Experience with infrastructure tools like Terraform and CloudFormation.
- Experience scripting with languages like Python, PowerShell, bash.
- Experience with Kubernetes (EKS or self managed)
- Experience with configuration management tools such as Puppet, Chef, Ansible.
- Knowledge of both RDBMS and NoSQL data platforms such as like MySQL, MSSQL, MongoDB, ElasticSearch, Redis, and Elasticsearch..
- Experience with build systems such as Jenkins, Bamboo.
- Understanding of different types of git workflows and the differences between them.
- Experience with monitoring and APM tools such as New Relic, AppDynamics, SolarWinds,
- Experience with system hardening and implementing security controls.
- Web development experience (frontend or backend) would be a great plus
- Positive attitude and ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
What We Offer
- People-focused, entrepreneurial start-up culture with the backing of a stable, global, corporate entity – Nemetschek
- Competitive compensation and benefits package (medical, dental, education reimbursement, 401k, wellness resources)
- Work-life balance fostered through a culture of diversity, inclusion, and appreciation of individual lifestyle needs
- You will have the opportunity for continuous professional development
If you think you are a good match for the Bluebeam team, please send the following:
- (Optional) Cover Letter - be creative! We wanna know why Bluebeam, why you and what makes you a great addition to the team!
- If you move further in the process - you will complete a take-home test exercise at a later stage
The construction industry is adopting new technology at a feverish pace. Tablets and cell phones are replacing paper blueprints, drones are surveying jobsites in 3D, and cloud collaboration is changing the way teams work together. Bluebeam plays a crucial role in this transformation. The key to our success is a customer-focused approach to product development: we work with the industry to create solutions for the industry. Today, over 2 million people throughout the world use Bluebeam. In the US, we’re a critical partner for the majority of top AEC firms, and rapidly expanding our presence globally, with offices in Sweden, Germany and the UK.
Come design and build your future with us.
Bluebeam is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status.
Your application has been successfully submitted.