Sr. Events Specialist
This job is no longer accepting applications.
At Bluebeam, we empower people to advance the way the world is built. We create smart software solutions that make construction sites more efficient, connected and safe and improve the lives of design and construction professionals everywhere.
The Sr. Events Specialist will provide event management, production and execution of our ever-expanding events and brand initiatives. Events include our annual industry conference (XCON), national trade-shows and multiple special events across internal departments throughout the year.
Event Management, Production and Execution
- Create and manage all event objectives and goals throughout all phases of production
- Create documents/forms/tasks for project management including: timelines, inventory checklists, load-in/out schedules, run-of-shows, production manuals, etc. needed for special event execution.
- Manage pre/post event specifics including: event registration data, reporting, the coordination of on-site event materials (e.g., badges, programs, signage and pre-conference notifications, event surveys and debriefs).
- Provide on-site execution for special events, as needed.
Annual Industry Conference
- Design and implement programming for special events taking place at Bluebeam’s annual industry conference, XCON. Events include: Awards Ceremony and Luncheon which requires full programming and execution; 1000+ Networking Reception, pre and post-event happy hours ranging from 30 – 800 people.
- Act as primary speaker manager for XCON. Manage the submission and selection process for all speakers. Provide direction and support for all materials, deadlines and program requirements. Act as the main point of contact for all speakers.
- Act as session content manager overseeing the submission and selection process for all conference sessions. Maintain the development of required presentation materials for more than 100 unique courses, simultaneously. Provide direction and support to all speakers, as needed. Maintain the online Speaker Portal including deadlines and program requirements.
- Research all potential shows and work alongside the Experiential Marketing Manager to plan our participation at national trade-shows
- Oversee all pre/post show details including pre-show meetings and post-show debriefs
- Manage deadlines for all trade show tasks, including submitting all necessary show documents like booth selection contracts, registration, rental orders, labor, etc.
- Create Itineraries for staff travel and manage on site booth logistics
- Manage promotional email scheduling and social engagement
- Track show spends and provide budget reporting
What we’d like to see in you:
The Sr. Events Specialist should have 2-4 years of experience providing event management, production and execution. We are looking for an individual who thrives in a fast-paced, high stress environment and considers themselves to be a self-starter and calm under pressure. A few key areas that are critical for success in this role include:
- Communication & Listening Skills: Excellent verbal and written communications skills are required as we are the public face of Bluebeam for so many activities. It’s also important that you are able to interface with all levels of management and you are capable of recognizing the appropriate level of engagement in each. In other words, make sure you know your audience and can read a room.
- Organization and Planning: We are looking for someone who plans, organizes, schedules and budgets in an efficient, productive manner. We want to see you focus on key priorities and important details in order to keep projects on track. Attention to detail can make or break the success of what we do, so it is a nonnegotiable.
- Collaboration: Positive, productive conflict and unfiltered debate of ideas is essential in our role. We want someone who seeks out feedback and reacts productively. We like collaborating with our own marketing department and teams well beyond that. We need someone who enjoys working with others to create the very best experiences for our customers.
If you think you are a good match for the Bluebeam team, please send us the following:
- Your Resume
- (Optional) Some sort of personalized introduction for us. This could be a cover letter, a few bullet points about yourself, a comic strip you’ve drawn - anything that tells us a bit about you AND why you want to work here.
The construction industry is adopting new technology at a feverish pace. Tablets and cell phones are replacing paper blueprints, drones are surveying jobsites in 3D, and cloud collaboration is changing the way teams work together. Bluebeam plays a crucial role in this transformation. The key to our success is a customer-focused approach to product development: we work with the industry to create solutions for the industry. Today, over 2.2 million people throughout the world use Bluebeam. In the US, we’re a critical partner for the majority of top AEC firms, and rapidly expanding our presence globally, with offices in Sweden, Germany and the UK.
Come design and build your future with us.
Bluebeam is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status.
Your application has been successfully submitted.