3D Generalist - Battlefield Mobile!
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Remote Work Option:Yes
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
Industrial Toys, creators of Midnight Star and Midnight Star: Renegade, has taken on their next mission of creating the newest FPS title for mobile: Battlefield. Building on hard-won knowledge as an indie studio, we've joined forces with EA to work towards our vision of what it means to be "Mobile To The Core!" If you're interested in creating new experiences to reach mobile players around the world, join up today!.
The 3D Generalist reports to the Art Outsource Manager and work with internal art team to ensure the technical specifications of 3D assets are followed by the external partners and enforce the proper engine implementation of the assets. In addition to managing the process of integrating assets into unreal, you dedicate your strength to asset management on the art outsource side of production.
- Conduct internal QA on the asset source files from the external partners. Ensure assets are implemented with correct file structures, hierarchy, naming and meet all other the tech requirements. Provide feedback to external partners.
- Ensure 3D assets are imported to unreal project and working as expected.
- Diagnose the modeling or texturing issues and correct the minor mistakes made by external partners.
- Understand existing art style and apply model and texture revisions on work from external partners to match set style.
- Help internal art team organize the assets in both the repository and Unreal engine.
- Work with the Art Outsource Manager in reviewing work from external partners.
- Improve asset integration workflow with the Art Outsource Manager and the internal art team.
- Lead the effort of auditing legacy assets from the studio’s pervious intellectual properties.
- Work fast and collaboratively to make your stuff happen.
- +2 years of experience in videogame development.
- Ability in integrating assets in Unreal engine.
- Have the experience in 3D asset QA.
- Working experience in industry standard software like Maya, ZBrush, Substance Painter/Designer and Photoshop
- Experience in integrating all kinds of 3D assets including characters and environment props.
- Experience with PBR texture pipeline and vertex color.
- Comfortable with handling big volume of assets.
- Not afraid of providing constructive feedback to external partner and tracking their improvements.
- Understand the art style of a game and can implement that style on existing assets.
- Passion for making and playing games.
- Experience working with external partners. Familiar with the basic outsource workflow.
- Speak a foreign language (Spanish, Mandarin)
At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers.
We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more!
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Your application has been successfully submitted.