Lead Quality Assurance Analyst
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Remote Work Option:No
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
Industrial Toys, creators of Midnight Star and Midnight Star: Renegade, has taken on their next mission of creating the newest FPS title for mobile: Battlefield. Building on hard-won knowledge as an indie studio, we've joined forces with EA to work towards our vision of what it means to be "Mobile To The Core!" If you're interested in creating new experiences to reach mobile players around the world, join up today!
Our team culture is collaborative, and we expect everyone to think like game makers and approach development with a Player First perspective. The Lead QA Analyst and team are accountable for delivering the QA project planning, requirements and deliverables. You will work with the QA Development Manager to meet schedules and ensure the creation, implementation, and execution of test coverage and project metrics.
As a Lead QA Analyst your time will be focused on ensuring that project deliverables are being completed on time through test planning and active participation in the test duties while maintaining EA's high standard of quality. Additionally, you will focus on improving the operational efficiency and effectiveness of QA efforts by assessing current quality assurance practices and incorporating new QA strategies. You will primarily work on department level initiatives and operational efficiency initiatives.
- Be the primary QA contact for the particular development team that you will be embedded with.
- Prioritize and coordinate multiple work streams in task execution and task management.
- Comfortable working with internal and external teams, and multidisciplinary and domain experts across different time zones.
- Prioritize the player first, ensuring that feedback is delivered with the community in mind while still accounting for development constraints such as timelines and budgets.
- Create test scenarios and scripts supporting requirements for both manual and automation testing.
- Implement test cases, test plans and suites, defect tracking and regression tests.
- Be a process advocate. Both for efficiencies on your team, and for behaviors that bring defects into the product upstream.
- Being data minded individual to ingest KPI's and make informed decisions. Propose solutions to resolve trends that have negative impacts on product quality.
- Ability to create reports to various teams to communicate what quality looks like using data.
- Identify and escalate risk that impacts project goals proposing potential solutions.
- Root cause analysis and defect analysis with the ability to validate assumptions and propose potential solutions to problems.
- Monitor and drive product quality KPIs throughout project duration to give a constant heartbeat on product quality.
- Mentor and cultivate junior members within their project team.
- 5 years of experience in a software development environment.
- Experience shipping mobile software as QA professional.
- Excellent knowledge of production lifecycle stages, tools, & processes.
- Is comfortable in the drivers seat of risk management.
- Experience applying data to tell a story.
- Strong communicator across technical and non-technical disciplines with the ability to influence where needed.
- Ability to advocate for best in class quality principles.
- Bachelor's degree in related field: (Computer Science, Game Production/Development, Business).
- Can spot the differences between Waterfall/Scrum/Agile software development practices.
- Experience with mobile game engines not required, but preferred (Unity, Unreal Engine, etc).
- Proficient with test case management software (Test Rail, TM4J, Zephyr, etc).
- Proficient with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Jira.
At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers.
We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more!
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Your application has been successfully submitted.