Release Lead, Data
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Spokeo is a people search engine that both enlightens and empowers our customers. With over 12 billion records and 14 million visitors per month, we reconnect friends, reunite families, prevent fraud, and more.
As the Release Lead, Data, you will be responsible for ensuring all ongoing automated Spokeo data updates are released in a timely manner and coordinating dependencies between QA and Engineering teams. This is a unique opportunity as you will be pioneering this role at Spokeo, establishing and maintaining new processes and best practices!
- Driving strategies and methods to improve test plans and process.
- Ensuring ongoing commitment to the customer experience through performance testing and monitoring.
- Reviewing build metrics with QA and the Data Team to ensure the quality of the release, as well as release and rollback plans.
- Iterating sign off process for releases; checklist of common validations and requirements to certify releases.
- Communicating checkpoints for releases during sprints: increment cut off, begin and complete testing.
- Coordinating ongoing release of data builds with Data QA and cross-functional engineering teams, and maintaining data release dashboards and notes.
- Analyzing Data releases - ensuring dependencies between Data, Backend, and Frontend are analyzed and documented, resulting in conflict-free releases.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field.
- 5+ years of Quality/Release experience with databases and data applications.
- Understanding of Agile methodologies, able to work independently, and be flexible with changing priorities and simultaneous projects; strong ability to multitask.
- Highly methodical test discipline with strong analytical skills, detailed, and process oriented; ability to clearly define test cases.
- A consumer-product sensibility; ability to test from a user perspective.
- Ability to deeply understand the process, and dependencies of working within a cross-functional team.
- Experience with exception handlers, monitoring tools, and testing tools such as NewRelic, Kibana, Airbrake, or similar applications.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills with strong interpersonal skills; ability to communicate and work well with every department in the company.
Privacy Notice for Candidates: https://www.spokeo.com/recruiting-policy
Spokeo is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Spokeo fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best products and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Recruiters or staffing agencies: Spokeo is not obligated to compensate any external recruiter or search firm who presents a candidate or their resume or profile to a Spokeo employee without 1) a current, fully-executed agreement on file and 2) being assigned to the open position (as a search) via our applicant tracking solution.
Your application has been successfully submitted.